Autodesk has released the new update of its best software for 3D-modeling and animation, which was replenished with advanced add-ons. For example, the update extends 3ds Max support for shading OSL.
An Increased animation playback speed in the preview window:
- The new version combines features with internal changes. 3ds Max now doesn’t evaluate curves and geometry that didn’t change between frames. This change improves playback speed in the viewport;
- The software also demonstrates a twofold increase in the frame rate during the processing of a rather complex mechanical object;
- Preview animations have also been improved.
New halftone and shadow effects:
- Illustrators will receive new non-photorealistic shading options;
- Halftone includes bitmaps and shaded effects that enhance the look;
- General-purpose cards include Simple Tiles and Weave.
Updated UV modeling/editing toolkits:
- The Chamfer modifier has been updated, which now allows you to fix the width of the chamfer;
- You can save and reload pixel snapping settings.
New OSL Maps:
- The update also adds new options that provide an unusual set of new features;
- A new three-color color correction map has been added. It is able to adjust the input color using glare and other details.
- “Color Space” converts material based on the distance between different colors in space.